athenahealth , Inc. (NASDAQ: ATHN), a leading provider of cloud-based practice management, electronic health record ( EHR), and care coordination services to medical groups and health systems, today announced three upcoming events at which athenahealth executives will be speaking, including CEO Jonathan Bush’s keynote at Xconomy’s Mobile Madness 2013 event, being held on March 19 in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Mobile Madness 2013 is Xconomy’s fifth annual Spring event convening Boston-area mobile innovators to discuss the next era of software, devices, and cloud computing. Jonathan Bush, CEO of athenahealth, will kick off the day-long event by offering his perspective on mobility in health care; he will speak to the state of mobile innovation and address mobile challenges and opportunities across clinical settings.
Also on the horizon; Ed Park, COO of athenahealth, will be speaking at the Bloomberg Big Data Conference: From Hype to Value on March 14 in Washington, D.C. The Big Data Conference will examine how companies and government can harness the power of big data to cut costs, improve productivity, provide better client services, and create new products and innovations. As part of the panel “Rethinking Risks and Opportunities in Big Data: Healthcare,” Ed will address the value of big data in health care by referencing athenahealth’s unique repository of cloud-based data, built from a network of 40,000 providers and 40 million patient records.
In addition, Ed will take part in a panel at the Economist’s Ideas Economy: Innovation Forum on March 28, in Berkeley, California, on the topic of “Intelligent Computing.” The fourth annual event will explore the fundamental technological shifts redefining business in the twenty-first century. Ed joins executives from NetApp and Applied Materials to discuss recent advancements in technology, including data analytics and cloud-based services, which have made companies like athenahealth more intelligent and agile.Specific details on each event, in order of date, are below.
- What: Bloomberg Big Data Conference: From Hype to Value
- Why: COO Ed Park to discuss the risks and opportunities for big data in health care
- Where: The Newseum, Washington, D.C.
- When: Thursday, March 14 , 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m. ET
- What: Xconomy Mobile Madness 2013
- Why: CEO Jonathan Bush will deliver a keynote on mobile health
- Where: Microsoft NERD Center, Cambridge, Mass.
- When: Tuesday, March 19, 1:30-5:30 p.m. ET
- What: Ideas Economy: Innovation Forum 2013
- Why: COO Ed Park to discuss how the cloud and data analytics have made companies more intelligent
- Where: Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley, Calif.
- When: Thursday, March 28, 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. PT