Cisco Systems Inc Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (CSCO)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- CISCO SYSTEMS INC has improved earnings per share by 47.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CISCO SYSTEMS INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.49 versus $1.16 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.99 versus $1.49).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Communications Equipment industry average. The net income increased by 44.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $2,182.00 million to $3,143.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 14.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Although CSCO's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.29 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.05, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts