Schweichler Price Mullarkey & Barry (SPMB), the most successful technology search firm in California, today announced that it has been selected to recruit a new CEO for AVG Technologies (NYSE: AVG). AVG, a leader in mobile security, has recently moved its operating headquarters from Europe to San Francisco where SPMB is based.
From multi-billion dollar public companies to fast growing startups, SPMB has a 30-year history of recruiting key leaders to integral positions at companies such as Cisco, Citrix, Data Domain, FireEye, Google, Imperva, NetApp and ServiceNow. Specializing in Board, CEO and C-level leadership recruiting, SPMB is wildly recognized for its ability to conduct global searches and its unique, metrics-based approach which clearly and quickly identifies growth oriented executives with distinguished track records. The firm positions itself as “catalysts for growth” with the vast majority of clients having experienced spectacular growth rates and achieved significant results as a result of SPMB’s strategic partnership.
“I’m thrilled to work on this project,” said Andy Price, managing partner of SPMB. “The hardest thing to do in any consumer technology category is to efficiently acquire more than 1M users. AVG has 150M of them, and has developed robust technology, so it’s a great platform. JR Smith has done a nice job of setting up his successor to grow this company well past a billion in revenues. It has a solid Board, strong balance sheet, and steady cash flow. It is very attractive CEO opportunity and we’re aiming high, with confidence.”
“We chose SPMB because we wanted fresh thinking that larger firms might not have brought to the process,” said Dale Fuller, Chairman of AVG’s Board of Directors. “We don’t want to just hire a usual suspect. We want a CEO whose core talents are great products and growth, and this firm knows how to find those people.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV