DALLAS, March 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- To further support the development of the Internet of Things (IoT), Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today announced support of the Thingsquare Mist IoT open source firmware for select TI hardware platforms for connected home automation products, connected lighting, and smart city projects. For maximum scalability, manufacturers can select from several TI IP/6LoWPAN solutions including the sub-1 GHz CC1101 or CC1120 radio frequency (RF) transceiver combined with an ultra-low power MSP430™ microcontroller (MCU) or the CC2538 system-on-chip (SoC) with integrated ARM® Cortex™ M3, RF transceiver and memory. Building on well-known open source components, Thingsquare Mist is a game-changing, lightweight and proven software system that brings true Internet connectivity to the IoT.
"Supporting open standards, such as IPv6, RPL, and 6LoWPAN, are important for the emerging IoT market to expand and support growing consumer demand," said Oyvind Birkenes, general manager, Wireless Connectivity Solutions, TI. "Thingsquare Mist gives our customers a robust and open source Internet connectivity solution for their wireless products with the CC2538 and the MSP430 MCU combined with CC1101 and CC1120."
"We see a strong customer pull for TI's CC2538 SoC as well as the sub-1 GHz CC1101 and CC1120 solutions combined with the proven MSP430 MCU platform," said Roger Bergdahl, CEO of Thingsquare. "Working with TI provides manufacturers with a wide range of options for building IoT products based on the Thingsquare Mist open source software system."
About ThingsquareThingsquare is the leading provider of open-source software for the Internet of Things. Founded in 2012 with the aim to simplify the Internet of Things, Thingsquare provides software for Internet-connecting products in a wide range of applications in smart lighting, smart cities and smart buildings. For more information, visit http://www.thingsquare.com/. Find out more about TI's wireless connectivity solutions
- TI's wireless connectivity solutions: www.ti.com/wirelessconnectivity
- TI's wireless connectivity guide: www.ti.com/wirelessconnectivityguide
- ConnecTIng Wirelessly blog: www.ti.com/wiconnewsletter-pr
- Monthly wireless connectivity eNewsletter: www.ti.com/connectingwirelessly-pr
- TI E2E™ wireless connectivity support community: www.ti.com/wicon-forum
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV