- Data Centers—Currently, information technology and telecommunications facilities account for approximately 120 billion kilowatt hours of electricity annually, or 3 percent of all U.S. electricity use. 1 Not only can this put a strain on the local grid, but it also drives operational costs to unprecedented heights. GE has been working with network providers to improve the efficiency and reduce the environmental impact of their data centers. For instance, GE’s ENERGY STAR™-rated, eBoost-equipped uninterruptable power supply (UPS) can increase efficiency and reduce energy consumption and costs, allowing for substantial savings over time.
- Healthcare Facilities—GE’s automatic transfer switches and UPS technology provide critical backup power in the event of a power disruption, ensuring that patients’ crucial medical equipment stays on. This technology has been installed in Chicago’s Rush University Medical Center to supply emergency power in the event of a local grid disruption.
- Financial Markets—GE’s Critical Power business also plays a major role in keeping the power on in financial institutions, such as banks and stock markets around the globe. Its power-switching and UPS technologies ensure real-time trading and currency exchanges remain unaffected in the event of a power disturbance.
- Telecommunications—Products and services from GE’s Critical Power business are used by telecom, wireless and cable broadband service providers to ensure an uninterrupted power supply and to convert AC power from a primary power source, such as the electric utility grid, into precisely controlled DC power used for datacenters, central offices, cell towers, outside-plant fiber optics and customer premise facilities.
- Embedded Power—GE’s Critical Power business designs, manufactures and markets embedded power modules to provide AC/DC standard, as well as custom power supplies and DC/DC circuit board mounted power modules for use within other original equipment manufacturer (OEM) equipment. These embedded power products are used in the healthcare, communications, computing, industrial and data storage markets.
GE Launches Critical Power Business To Support Power Needs Of The Global Mission-Critical Industry
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.