WHO: Verizon Wireless, operator of the nation’s largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network
WHAT: Verizon Wireless recently activated new fourth generation (4G) Long Term Evolution (LTE) network coverage within the town of Hardwick, Vermont. 4G LTE empowers Verizon Wireless customers with compatible devices to surf the Web, post status updates and photos, and download files wirelessly at speeds up to 10 times faster than customers on 3G networks.
WHERE: Hardwick, VermontBACKGROUND: In 2012, Verizon Wireless completed $256 million in wireless network enhancements across New England, increasing the company's regional network investment to more than $3.3 billion since its inception in 2000. Verizon Wireless also introduced and expanded 4G LTE service within the Green Mountain State as follows:
- May 2012: Verizon Wireless debuted 4G LTE in Burlington and more than 30 additional communities throughout Northern Vermont.
- July 2012: Verizon Wireless expanded 4G LTE to Bennington, Rutland and 16 additional communities.
- August 2012: Verizon Wireless activated 4G LTE service in Brattleboro, White River Junction and 14 additional communities, bringing the power of 4G LTE to more than sixty communities throughout the state in a matter of months.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts