Compuware Global Consumer Survey Reveals Preference for Mobile Apps
DETROIT, March 12, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Compuware Corporation (Nasdaq:CPWR), the technology performance company, today published the findings of a global study of consumer mobile application expectations and experiences. The survey reveals that global consumers prefer mobile apps over mobile websites. Download the survey report here.
Mobile applications are thought to make life easier by streamlining calendars and grocery lists, offering entertainment while in line and making it easy to collaborate with co-workers. Consumers now associate apps with banking, paying bills, shopping, booking hotels and travel, as well as with staying productive and connected with both home and office tasks.When asked about the benefits of using a mobile app vs. a mobile website (a website that is specifically designed to be viewed on a mobile device), 85 percent of survey respondents preferred mobile apps over mobile websites, primarily because apps are more convenient, faster and easier to navigate. Among those who experienced a problem:
- 62 percent reported a crash, freeze or error.
- 47 percent experienced slow launch times.
- 40 percent tried an app that simply would not launch.
- easy access to product and store information;
- help planning and navigating their trip types; and
- the ability to communicate in real-time.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV