BEIJING and DALLAS, March 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- NQ Mobile (NYSE: NQ), a leading global provider of mobile Internet services, today announced the availability of its NQ Mobile security solution which has now been optimized to run on Android devices based on Qualcomm Reference Designs that utilize Qualcomm Snapdragon™ MSM™ 8x25 processors. NQ Mobile is also planning on making this optimized version of the NQ Mobile security available to manufacturers for preload on their devices that use these processors. NQ Mobile optimized their security solution for these devices by integrating their unique anti-virus APIs available on these devices.
With NQ Mobile's proprietary cloud-based security and privacy solutions, consumers and enterprises will have access to even more on-device protection from mobile threats.
- App Installation Blocking: Prevents Android users from inadvertently installing malicious apps by having NQ Mobile certifying applications as being safe for use before allowing them to be loaded on a device without interfering with the user experiences.
- Cloud-Based Mobile Anti-virus: Being used by over 280 million customers world-wide, NQ Mobile's cloud-based anti-virus platform brings real-time defense against malicious software delivered through apps, websites, SMS and more.
- Privacy Protection: Protects the users' private information, ensuring the users' social networking, email and financial accounts are not hacked and personal phone calls are not recorded.
- Anti-Theft/Anti-Loss: Allows users to remotely locate, lock, sound an alarm and erase information from a lost or stolen mobile device.
"Consumers around the world are becoming more and more aware of mobile threats, but there are many smartphone owners who are not actively taking steps to protect their devices," said Gavin Kim, Chief Commercial Officer at NQ Mobile. "We bring innovative security solutions directly onto Qualcomm Reference Design devices that utilize the Snapdragon MSM8x25 processors. These are innovations that our industry needs and our customers are asking for." The Qualcomm Reference Design program by Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. offers industry-leading technical innovation, differentiated hardware and software, easy customization options that save engineering costs and speed time to market, access to an ecosystem of software and hardware providers who support the Qualcomm Reference Design program, and testing and acceptance readiness for regional and leading operator requirements. To date, the Qualcomm Reference Design program has launched more than 170 products in collaboration with more than 40 OEMs with 100 new devices in the pipeline.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV