Driven by a collective goal to inspire young girls to live joyful, confident and healthy lives, Life Time – The Healthy Way of Life Company (NYSE: LTM) today announced Girls on the Run International as the official national charity partner of its premiere athletic event series designed exclusively for women, Athleta Esprit de She – The Spirit of Her Race Series.
Girls on the Run is a nonprofit organization that offers a 12-week positive youth development after-school program for girls in 3 rd to 8 th grade. The program focuses on developing and enhancing girls’ competencies to successfully navigate life experiences along with promoting healthy habits for lifelong fitness and wellness. The program culminates with the girls being physically and emotionally prepared to complete a celebratory 5k running event. Esprit de She participants are encouraged to donate to Girls on the Run during registration for any of the 18 Athleta Esprit de She events, or they can opt to fundraise for the organization on a national or local level through participation.
“We are ecstatic that Athleta Esprit de She has invited Girls on the Run to be its official charity partner for the debut season,” says Elizabeth Kunz, President of Girls on the Run International. “Crossing the finish line is a defining moment for both girls and women — no matter their age — and is worthy of celebration. The shared desire to celebrate fitness and health, optimism and strength will inspire the women of today and nurture the girls of tomorrow.”
Designed exclusively for women, the Athleta Esprit de She Race Series features 18 fitness-inspired ‘happy hour’ 5k and 10k runs, cycle tours, duathlons and triathlons for every pace and passion. The series kicks off on May 5 in Tempe, Arizona, with a triathlon, and duathlon and subsequent races in key markets like San Francisco, Minneapolis, Chicago, Denver and Houston will follow.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV