Nuance Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUAN) today announced that its Dragon Mobile Assistant app for Android is breaking the traditional mobile personal assistant mold. Dragon now features unique proactive assistant and location sharing capabilities, making it easier than ever to find and meet up with friends, get automatically dialed into your next conference call, and hear text messages read aloud as they come in – turning Android smartphones into an even more intelligent personal assistant that is ready to serve with two simple words: “Hi Dragon.”
Dragon already gives Android lovers the must-have mobile personal assistant features to quickly access information, content, apps, music and people, as well as set appointments and get directions, just by using their voice – no hands required. Dragon’s latest enhancements further evolve the personal assistant experience with new anticipatory capabilities that showcase the true potential of our digital wingmen.
- Location Sharing and Friend Finder: Dragon now gives you the option to share your location or find your friends. Just say “Tell John where I am,” and Dragon will send John a text with a link to your location on a map. Need to meet John at a BBQ joint in the crowds of SXSW? Just ask Dragon, “Where’s John?” and with his permission, Dragon will respond with a map showing his location.
- Calendar Call Assistant: Dragon now automatically dials you into any call set in a calendar appointment – intelligently anticipating your needs. Dragon knows when you have a scheduled call coming up, and shortly beforehand will ask if you would like to be dialed in. If so, a simple tap gets you connected. So whether you need to dial into a conference bridge with a long passcode or a reminder to call your mother on her birthday, Dragon both reminds and makes the call for you – delivering a mobile personal assistant experience that transcends work, life and play.
- End-to-End Hands-Free Text Messaging: Dragon already lets you dictate text messages to contacts completely hands free, and with these latest updates, it now reads incoming text messages aloud with the ability to respond, no hands required. Dragon dictates your message and delivers it for you.
“Our devices are an extension of ourselves, and are quickly evolving into truly intelligent and intuitive assistants that not only act on our command, but also anticipate our needs,” said Michael Thompson, executive vice president and general manager, Nuance Mobile. “And that’s what makes Dragon Mobile Assistant an exciting innovation platform, showcasing not only what’s possible, but what’s critical in creating truly meaningful, more human connections with the technology we rarely go a minute without.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV