Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that Elastichosts, a global Cloud Server provider, has deployed in Equinix’s International Business Exchange (IBX®) data center in Hong Kong. This enables the company to provide its easy-to-use, pay-as-you-go Cloud Servers to businesses throughout the Asia-Pacific region. Elastichosts is leveraging Equinix’s network density and rich cloud ecosystem to grow its business in Hong Kong, as well as in neighboring countries such as Taiwan, China, Singapore, and the rest of ASEAN (Association of South East Asian Nations).
Highlights / Key Facts
- According to Gartner the total public cloud services market size in 2011 was $91.4 billion and is forecast to grow to $206.6 billion in 2016. High growth rates will occur in emerging markets, including the top three growth countries of India, Indonesia and China 1. With the new point-of-presence in Equinix’s IBX data center in Hong Kong, Elastichosts can capitalize on the growing demand for cost-effective, scalable cloud services in the region.
- Elastichosts provides on-demand, scalable Cloud Servers, offering its customers flexibility while ensuring a high level of availability and performance. Its target customers include small-to-medium retail businesses such as Web application developers and start-ups, as well as systems integrators and mid-to-large resellers of cloud products.
- Performance is everything in the cloud services business. By housing its infrastructure in Equinix’s secure and network-dense IBX data center, Elastichosts can directly interconnect with every major network to reduce latency and offer greater redundancy and faster connection speeds to its customers. Equinix provides a specialized ecosystem for direct connection to over 4,000 partners and customers including over 900 network providers.
- Platform Equinix™ in Hong Kong also provides Elastichosts with the ideal vehicle to grow its foothold in the region. The broad reach of ecosystems available with Platform Equinix gives Elastichosts access to a large marketplace of potential customers for revenue generating opportunities. Equinix’s existing customers will also be able to connect their IT infrastructure directly to Elastichost’s cloud infrastructure. The Cloud Server provider will also leverage Equinix’s global footprint to enter other markets in Asia.
- Richard Davies , CEO, Elastichosts:
“Deploying with Equinix in Hong Kong brings us immediate benefits as we enter the Asia-Pacific market. We are in close proximity to hundreds of networks and through these networks, closer to our customers. Its rich ecosystem gives us the confidence that we can gain access to a broad pool of potential customers and partners to grow our revenue, while its global footprint ensures we can achieve rapid deployment and scalability as we expand our presence across Asia-Pacific.”
- Eric Hui , director of Cloud, IT and Enterprise, Equinix Asia-Pacific:
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts