Allergic To Eggs? Try These 'Eggs'-cellent Ways To Celebrate Easter And Passover
Anaphylaxis Community Experts Share Ways to Celebrate Without This Key Ingredient
MCLEAN, Va., March 11, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Easter and Passover traditions often include eggs, either as part of a fun holiday activity or a recipe. For people with life-threatening egg allergies, the key to staying safe is to be aware and prepared for an unexpected exposure.
"Approximately 1.5 percent of young children have life-threatening egg allergies," says Nancy Sander, President and Founder of Allergy & Asthma Network Mothers of Asthmatics. "Creating Easter traditions without the threat of egg exposure is easy to do. A little planning and creative thinking is what's required to have a fun and tasty celebration."
Kids with egg allergies can participate in Easter games and Passover activities. Consider the following ideas:
- Coloring eggs is a safe activity, as long as the person with egg allergies does not eat the eggs. Touching the hard shell poses no threat.
- Instead of placing a hard-boiled egg on a Seder plate, consider using a flower or a plastic egg.
- Use plastic eggs for your Easter egg hunt and fill them with toys, money, stickers, or candy. Just be sure to read candy labels first! You can also use plastic eggs instead of real ones when playing the "egg in a spoon" race.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water, 1 1/2 tablespoons cooking oil and 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 tablespoon water and 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon apricot puree
- 1 packet of plain gelatin mixed with 2 tablespoons of warm water.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV