We created a screen for companies with significant decreases in shares shorted month over month. This signals optimism, or rather a lack of pessimism, from short sellers – a group of investors who benefit when share price falls. We then looked for those that appear undervalued relative to EPS trends. [More lists: Hodges Loves These 10 Blue Chips for Dividends and Long-Term Growth]
Based on the theoretical assumption that if P/E is equal to a constant K, growth in EPS estimates should be matched by proportionate growth in price. When they don't match up, a mispricing may have occurred. We screened for those exhibiting this mismatch between changes in EPS estimate and price.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Short sellers seem to think these stocks have upside to price in, an opinion supported by EPS trends. Do you think these stocks should be trading higher? Use this list as a starting point for your own analysis.
List Average 1-Year Return: 27%. Compare returns with this interactive chart. Click through to access more free tools.1. Chicago Bridge & Iron Company N.V. ( CBI): Provides engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) solutions, as well as process technologies for the energy infrastructure projects. Market cap at $6.01B, most recent closing price at $57.02. Shares shorted have decreased from 5.85M to 3.50M over the last month, a decrease which represents about 2.39% of the company's float of 98.35M shares. Days to cover ratio at 1.89 days. The EPS estimate for the company's current year increased from 3.51 to 4 over the last 30 days, an increase of 13.96%. This increase came during a time when the stock price changed by 7.65% (from 52.97 to 57.02 over the last 30 days).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV