iRobot Corp. (NASDAQ: IRBT), a leader in delivering robotic technology-based solutions, today announced the appointment of Alison Dean as executive vice president and chief financial officer. She will begin her new position effective April 5, 2013 and will report to Colin Angle, chief executive officer.
Dean, who has 25 years of experience in finance, joined iRobot in 2005, prior to the company’s public offering, to prepare the company for the public market. While at iRobot, she has been responsible for investor relations, company-wide financial planning, accounting, and SEC reporting. Dean previously held the position of principal accounting officer and has been responsible for evaluating the company’s investment decisions, including acquisition targets. During her seven year tenure at iRobot, revenue has grown from $142 million to $436 million, while achieving mid-teens EBITDA margins. Prior to joining iRobot, she held several senior positions at 3Com Corporation, most recently as corporate controller. Dean holds a B.A. in Business Economics from Brown University and an M.B.A. from Boston University.
Dean succeeds John Leahy, who is stepping down after four years to join a late-stage private company.
“I am delighted that Alison Dean will become iRobot’s chief financial officer. Her extensive experience in finance and operations, as well as her deep understanding of iRobot’s market strategy, operating model and financial systems enable her to easily transition and immediately contribute in her new role on our experienced and successful leadership team,” said Colin Angle, iRobot chief executive officer. “We wish John Leahy well and thank him for his dedication, guidance and outstanding personal contribution to improving the operational and financial infrastructure of the company over the past four years.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV