Genesee & Wyoming Inc. (G&W) (NYSE: GWR) today announced that Greg Pauline has assumed leadership of its Australian business as Managing Director of Genesee & Wyoming Australia Pty Ltd. (GWA). GWA operates nearly 5,000 km of railroad in South Australia and the Northern Territory, including the 2,200-km Tarcoola to Darwin line that links the Port of Darwin to the interstate rail network in South Australia.
Greg Pauline is the new Managing Director of Genesee & Wyoming Australia Pty Ltd (Photo: Business Wire)
Mr. Pauline has worked in senior roles with three major Australian corporations: 11 years at Transfield (ASX: TSE), seven years at Downer EDI (ASX: DOW) and a combined seven years with Lend Lease Group (ASX: LLC) where he was most recently Executive Director of Development and Corporate Affairs for its Infrastructure Services business. He has lived and worked in Indonesia, Malaysia and India, including as Chief Executive Officer of a joint venture between Leighton International and Thiess Pty Ltd and as Managing Director, Bilfinger Berger India. Mr. Pauline is a graduate of Sydney University with a degree in Civil Engineering.
He succeeds Bert Easthope, who served as GWA’s Managing Director for the past eight years, leading its growth into G&W’s largest operating region and achieving a world-class safety record. Mr. Easthope now transitions to a strategic development role as GWA continues to build its business throughout Australia.
“Over the past eight years, GWA’s business and safety performance have excelled under Bert’s leadership, including the successful integration of FreightLink and a significant expansion of our iron ore operations,” said G&W President and Chief Executive Officer Jack Hellmann. “We look forward to his continued success in helping to expand GWA’s business.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV