SAN FRANCISCO, March 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) today announced that it has appointed Tim Fitzpatrick as Vice President, Corporate Relations, and Chief Communications Officer. Fitzpatrick, who has led marketing and corporate communications at NextEra Energy since 2008, will oversee PG&E's internal and external communications and advertising. He will report to Greg Pruett, PG&E Corporation's Senior Vice President, Corporate Affairs.
"We're pleased to welcome Tim to the PG&E team," Pruett said. "He brings three decades of communications experience to his new role and has a proven track record of helping leading companies communicate openly and proactively with customers, employees and other stakeholders."
Fitzpatrick joined NextEra Energy in January 2008, serving as Vice President of Marketing and Corporate Communications and as an officer of Florida Power & Light Company (FPL). With 4.6 million customers, FPL is one of the largest regulated electric utilities in the country. Earlier, he held communications leadership roles with Lexmark International, Inc., the printer manufacturer and printing solutions provider; BASF, the world's largest chemical company; CDI Corporation, which provides engineering and IT outsourcing solutions; and, telecommunications provider Ameritech Corporation, now part of AT&T. He began his career as a newspaper reporter in Ohio and holds a bachelor's degree in journalism from Youngstown State University in Youngstown, Ohio."PG&E and its 20,000 employees have a proud history and tradition of service. I have been impressed by PG&E's focus on building strong relationships with customers and communities, and engaging everyone at the company in the commitment to provide reliable, affordable and, above all, safe service. I look forward to working with the PG&E team and with all of our stakeholders as we deliver on that commitment," Fitzpatrick said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV