MOM's Organic Market Announces Plans To Go Solar
ROCKVILLE, Md., March 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- MOM's Organic Market announced the activation of rooftop solar panels on their store in Waldorf, Maryland. The store, MOM's first in Charles County, opened its doors in November, 2012. It features energy-efficient design, including closed-door coolers, LED lighting and electric car charging stations. The photovoltaic system, which was installed by SolarCity, is expected to offset the store's energy needs by at least 15%.
"The Waldorf solar array is the first of many," said Scott Nash, MOM's founder and CEO. "We plan to install solar panels on every store that we can in the future." Charis Egland-Smith, the company's Environmental Coordinator, said, "We are in the process of exploring and expanding our renewable energy portfolio at all locations." Projects on the horizon include more solar panels, wind turbines and additional fast charging stations for electric cars.
A longtime supporter of renewable energy, MOM's has been fully wind powered since 2005. In 2012, MOM's purchased enough direct wind power and wind power RECs (Renewable Energy Certificates) to offset 424% of their company-wide energy use. The retailer also matches employees' REC purchases, and partners with Clean Currents to provide gift cards to customers who sign up for residential wind power. Last September, the EPA recognized MOM's Organic Market with an award for Leadership in Green Power Purchasing.About MOM's Organic MarketFounded in 1987 in Scott Nash's mother's garage in Beltsville, MD, MOM's Organic Market is a family-owned and operated series of stores located in the greater Baltimore-Washington region. MOM's is dedicated to supporting organics and furthering their Purpose: to protect and restore the environment. For more information visit momsorganicmarket.com SOURCE MOM's Organic Market
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV