Maybe it's a regional fast-food chain we've not discovered yet that is making edible cellphones and tablets the customers can use for a while and then literally "consume." It would certainly change the meaning of the word "consumer."
All jokes aside, if we want to find the next Google we'd be better served looking for the next breakthrough that's likely to change the way people live their lives and make their living. We at
TheStreet will do our part to search and scour the world of business and investments for the most likely candidates and pass them on to you on a regular basis.
Word to the Wise: Whether you own shares of a stock that trades for $800 or for $8 a share, you'll want to remember rule #1 of investing: "Don't Lose Money." Using a stealth trailing stop loss alert system can help you manage downside risk while striving to let your winners "run."
It behooves all traders and investors to know what a trailing stop loss is and how to use one that the Market Makers can't see or "pick off". This way you have more control over your investing results, and from my experience it lets us invest hoping to find the next Google yet keeps us focused on "rule #1."Your comments and ideas are always welcome. You can also Tweet me at the Twitter address below. At the time of publication the author was long shares of AAPL. Follow @m8a2r1 This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage. Jim Cramer's protege, Dave Peltier, finds you Stocks Under $10 picks with explosive upside potential. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV