NEW YORK ( TheStreet) - The Blackberry Z10 is coming! The Blackberry Z10 is coming!
After nearly two months since its formal introduction in New York, U.S. customers will be able to buy a Blackberry (BBRY) Z10 of their own this month. The anticipation of the new model helped fuel a 12 percent advance in Research in Motion Ltd's U.S.-traded shares to $14.62, its biggest gain in five weeks.
AT&T (T) this morning announced said it will begin selling the Canadian company's new touchscreen smartphone beginning Friday, March 22. Dallas-based AT&T is expected to sell the handset for $199.99 along with a two-year service commitment. AT&T will start accepting pre-orders for the Z10 beginning tomorrow, March 12. Shares of AT&T slipped 0.6 percent to $36.48.
The Z10 is the first new Blackberry device to operate on the company's overhauled operating system. When a proper AT&T SIM card is placed inside the phone, users will be able to utilize the company's speedy 4G/LTE network.We've discovered, with our test unit, that the same model Blackberry can also run on T-Mobile's U.S. network. There are also settings that indicate that the phone will be one of the first take advantage of T-Mobile's LTE system. The German carrier is expected to begin pre-orders for their own Z10 - to business customers - for $249.99. A second Blackberry model, the Q10 with a physical QWERTY keyboard, is expected to hit the stores beginning in May. --Written by Gary Krakow in New York. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV