1. As of noon trading, General Mills ( GIS) is down $0.50 (-1.1%) to $45.82 on heavy volume Thus far, 3.2 million shares of General Mills exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.8 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $45.56-$46.20 after having opened the day at $46.06 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $46.33. General Mills, Inc. manufactures and markets branded consumer foods worldwide. The company also supplies branded and unbranded food products to the foodservice and commercial baking industries. General Mills has a market cap of $30.0 billion and is part of the food & beverage industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.1, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 14.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate General Mills a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates General Mills as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth, attractive valuation levels, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Get the full General Mills Ratings Report now. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the consumer goods sector could consider iShares Dow Jones US Cons Goods ( IYK) while those bearish on the consumer goods sector could consider ProShares Ultra Sht Consumer Goods ( SZK). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts