1. As of noon trading, Republic Services ( RSG) is up $0.34 (1.1%) to $31.64 on average volume Thus far, 734,339 shares of Republic Services exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.9 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $31.18-$31.66 after having opened the day at $31.23 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $31.30. Republic Services, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides non-hazardous solid waste collection, transfer, and recycling and disposal services for commercial, industrial, municipal, and residential customers in the United States and Puerto Rico. Republic Services has a market cap of $11.2 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.9, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 6.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Republic Services a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Republic Services as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Republic Services Ratings Report now. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE If you are interested in one of these 4 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the materials & construction industry could consider SPDR S&P Homebuilders ETF ( XHB) while those bearish on the materials & construction industry could consider ProShares Short Basic Materials Fd ( SBM). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts