Federal-Mogul Sells Its Sintertech SAS Division
SOUTHFIELD, Mich. (AP) â¿¿ Auto parts supplier Federal-Mogul Corp. said Monday that it sold its Sintertech SAS division to TMC, a company controlled by French industrialist Thierry Morin, for an undisclosed amount. Â
Sintertech develops, produces and sells powdered metal components for engines and gearboxes for use in vehicles and other industrial equipment, along with powdered metal filtration materials mainly used in the chemical industry, Federal-Mogul said.
Federal-Mogul said that while Sintertech is well known in Europe, it doesn't consider the business to be one of its core operations.
Last month Federal-Mogul said it would make additional restructuring moves, including the closing or downsizing of manufacturing plants in Western Europe, in order to offset continued weak European demand.The deal closed on Friday. The business includes three manufacturing plants in France with more than 400 employees, Federal-Mogul said. Shares of Southfield, Mich.-based Federal-Mogul lost 10 cents to $6.39 in midday trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV