Appointment To The Board Of Trustees Of The Canadian Museum Of Immigration At Pier 21
GATINEAU, QC, March 11, 2013 /CNW/ - The Honourable James Moore, Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages, today announced the appointment of Tung Chan as Chairperson of the Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21's Board of Trustees for a term of four years.
"I am delighted that Mr. Chan has agreed to serve as Chairperson of the Board of Trustees," said Minister Moore. "His previous service as Vice-Chairperson of this board, along with his leadership and wealth of expertise in corporate and public governance will continue to be of great benefit to the Board and to the Museum."
Mr. Chan was first appointed as Vice-Chairperson of the Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21 on November 25, 2010. He is the former Chief Executive Officer of S.U.C.C.E.S.S., a group of registered charities dedicated to promoting the well-being of all Canadians and immigrants. In 2002, Mr. Chan was awarded the Queen's Golden Jubilee Medal in recognition of his contribution to the community.
Located at Pier 21, a national historic site in Halifax, Nova Scotia, the Museum's mandate is to explore the theme of immigration to Canada in order to enhance public understanding of the experiences of immigrants as they arrived in Canada, of the vital role that immigration has played in the building of Canada, and of the contributions of immigrants to Canada's culture, economy, and way of life. For more information about the museum, visit www.pier21.ca.SOURCE Canadian Heritage
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV