McEwen Mining Shares Rise On Production, Outlook
NEW YORK (AP) â¿¿ McEwen Mining's U.S. shares rose 4 percent before Monday's opening bell after the company announced 2012 gold production that was in line with its expectations and projected a production increase for 2013.
The Canadian miner said its fourth-quarter gold equivalent production totaled 32,220 ounces, including 17,578 gold ounces and 761,377 silver ounces. Full-year production totaled 105,050 gold equivalent ounces, including 48,876 gold ounces and 2.9 million silver ounces. The company said that met the company's guidance for 2012.
For 2013, the company expects production to grow 24 percent to 130,000 gold equivalent ounces. The projection call for 72,310 gold ounces and 3 million silver ounces.
McEwen shares were steady at $2.64 in midday trading after trading in a range of $2.60 to $2.77 in the morning.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV