Willis & Woy Sports Group Represents 25% Of The NFL's Franchise Tag
DALLAS, March 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In the year of 2012, the National Football League set a record of having 21 players franchise tagged, however, in 2013 the NFL announced on Monday that only 8 players were to receive the franchise tag from their teams.
Veteran agent, Jordan Woy, of Willis & Woy Sports Group, represents 2 of the 8 franchise tagged players including clients: Dallas Cowboys Linebacker, Anthony Spencer, along with Chicago Bears Defensive Tackle, Henry Melton.
The Bears placed their franchise tag on Melton at $8.45 million for one year. Melton would like a multi-year deal and a long-term contract would be more cap-friendly for the Bears. The move buys some time as the Bears and Melton's agent, Jordan Woy, now have until July 15 to reach a long-term deal.
"Henry has been a good player for us and we are using the franchise tag so his development continues as a Bear," General Manager Phil Emery said on the team's website. "We will continue our conversations with Henry and work toward a multiyear agreement."For the 2 nd consecutive season, the Cowboys placed a franchise tag on Anthony Spencer, who produced a career year with 11 sacks. Spencer is guaranteed a one-year deal worth $10.638 million, a 120% pay raise after being franchise tagged last year as a linebacker for $9.619 million. Spencer will transition from outside linebacker to defensive end under the new Defensive Coordinator, Monte Kiffin's, 4-3 defense. Spencer has the advantage in playing the 4-3 defensive during college at Purdue. Keeping Spencer from hitting the open market is a smart move, as he is paired with DeMarcus Ware on the right side - the Cowboys are set up well in their base-rushing scheme. Follow Jordan Woy on Twitter @JordanWoy and visit the Willis & Woy Sports Group website at www.willis-woy.com SOURCE Willis & Woy Media Group
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV