LONDON, ON, March 11, 2013 /CNW/ - On March 8, 2013, Pacific & Western Credit Corp. (TSX:PWC) purchased an additional $30 million of Pacific & Western Bank of Canada's common shares. This increased the Bank's common equity tier one (CET1) percentage to approximately 10.4%, one of the highest capital ratios in the Canadian banking industry.
David Taylor, President & CEO of PWC said, "This year one of our important goals was to increase our Bank's key capital ratio, so that it could continue to grow profitably in its niche markets. With the favourable outcome of our Series C note holder vote on March 7, 2013 we were able to make significant progress in this area."
Pacific & Western Bank of Canada is wholly owned by Pacific & Western Credit Corp., whose shares trade on the TSX under the symbol PWC.
To receive company news releases, please contact: Wade MacBain, (800) 244-1509, firstname.lastname@example.orgFOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT: Investor Relations: (800) 244-1509, email@example.com Public Relations & Media: Tel Matrundola, Vice-President, (416) 203-0882, firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE Pacific & Western Credit Corp.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV