"However, while we understand that the impacts are likely to play out over a period of time, we continue to believe that sequestration will lead to furlough in some situations and could trigger layoffs resulting in [Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification] notices to thousands of our current employees. This is a very difficult time for our employees and their families, and the thousands of supplier companies that we depend on to support our customers' mission."
The rest of the release can be found at the company's informative website, which I encourage you to peruse at your leisure.
The sequester is cause for concern and may necessitate a careful approach to the notion of buying shares right now.
This is where having a trailing stop loss can be so helpful if you already own the shares or are thinking about picking up a few soon. A trailing stop loss gives you an exit strategy while the stock moves higher and can protect you on the downside as well.LMT data by YCharts
As the one-year chart above demonstrates, the share price of LMT has done well. Its year-over-year quarterly retained earnings growth skyrocketed for most of 2012 but cooled off in the fourth quarter. The share price seems to indicate it is picking up again in the first quarter of 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV