TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation (NYSE: AMTD) today announced company metrics for February 2013, which marks the first time that total client assets at the company have surpassed $500 billion.
“Over the past five years, our associates have worked tirelessly to make TD Ameritrade not only a leader on the trading side of our business, but a premier asset gatherer as well. We implemented a new sales and service model, delivered new products and invested in marketing and technology to improve the investing experience for our clients. Those initiatives helped us achieve this important milestone: half a trillion dollars in client assets,” said Fred Tomczyk, president and chief executive officer. “Over the last five years, in the midst of difficult market and economic conditions, our client assets are up over 60 percent, as we have gathered more than $170 billion in net new client assets.”
Monthly activities for February 2013 included:
- An average of 386,000 client trades per day in February 2013, down 6 percent from February 2012 and essentially flat from January 2013.
- $502.5 billion in total client assets as of Feb. 28, 2013, up 14 percent from February 2012 and up 1 percent from January 2013.
- Average spread-based balances of $81.8 billion, up 11 percent from February 2012 and down 2 percent from January 2013. (1)
- Average fee-based balances of $110.8 billion, up 30 percent from February 2012 and up 3 percent from January 2013. (1)
More financial information, including historical results for each of the above metrics, as well as information detailing upcoming financial events and presentations, can be found on the Company’s corporate Web site, www.amtd.com. You can also follow the Company on Twitter, @TDAmeritradePR.AMTD-G About TD Ameritrade Holding CorporationMillions of investors and independent registered investment advisors (RIAs) have turned to TD Ameritrade’s (NYSE: AMTD) technology, people and education to help make investing and trading easier to understand and do. Online or over the phone. In a branch or with an independent RIA. First-timer or sophisticated trader. Our clients want to take control, and we help them decide how - bringing Wall Street to Main Street for more than 37 years. TD Ameritrade has time and again been recognized as a leader in investment services. Please visit TD Ameritrade’s newsroom or www.amtd.com for more information. Brokerage services provided by TD Ameritrade, Inc., member FINRA ( www.FINRA.org) /SIPC ( www.SIPC.org) /NFA ( www.nfa.futures.org) (1)Spread-based assets are client and brokerage-related assets, including client margin balances, segregated cash, the TD Ameritrade FDIC Insured Deposit Account (IDA) balances, deposits paid on securities borrowing and other cash and interest earning investment balances. Fee-based balances are client assets invested in money market funds, other mutual funds and Company programs such as Amerivest and AdvisorDirect. IDA balances are held at TD Bank, N.A. and TD Bank USA, N.A., affiliates of TD Ameritrade. Amerivest is an investment advisory service of Amerivest Investment Management, LLC, a registered investment advisor. AdvisorDirect connects a prospective client with an independent financial advisor. TD Ameritrade, Inc., TD Ameritrade Clearing, Inc. and Amerivest Investment Management, LLC are subsidiaries of TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV