NEW YORK, March 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Newtek Business Services, NASDAQ: NEWT, The Small Business Authority , is proud to announce that it has attracted and retained the talent of Edward Petrosky. Edward will be joining Newtek as Chief Credit and Chief Risk Officer. Edward is the former President and CEO of Hanover Community Bank. Edward has over 35 years of experience in credit and risk management in the financial services industry, including money center, regional and community banks. Edward is the former President/CEO/Chief Credit Officer of successful turnaround situations and two start up banks, and has 15 years' experience as a Chief Credit/Chief Lending Officer in the banking industry.
Barry Sloane, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Newtek Business Services said, "We are thrilled to have someone with Ed's qualifications, across the areas of credit risk and operational risk, join our company. Ed will be actively involved and reporting directly to the Board of Directors and the Chair of the Audit Committee about regular compliance and supervision regarding the company's primary operating subsidiaries and evaluating their risk, controls, policies and procedures. This new hire will significantly enhance the company's capability to manage its day to day affairs and achieve its long term goals and objectives. Ed served in this capacity at five other government insured depository institutions. We welcome the new addition to the Newtek Business Services organization."
Edward Petrosky said, "I look forward to working with the Newtek board and management team as the Company continues to grow and enhances its reputation as a leader in financial services."
About Newtek Business Services, Inc.
Newtek Business Services, The Small Business Authority, provides the following products and services:
- Newtek Advantage™ : Mobile real-time operating platform for business intelligence. The Newtek Advantage™ puts all critical business transactions in real-time. Access data on your smartphone, tablet, laptop or PC as it relates to eCommerce for credit/ debit transactions, website statistics, payroll, insurance and business loans.
- Electronic Payment Processing : eCommerce, electronic solutions to accept non-cash payments, including credit and debit cards, check conversion, remote deposit capture, ACH processing, and electronic gift and loyalty card programs.
- Managed Technology Solutions (Cloud Computing): Full-service web host, which offers eCommerce solutions, shared and dedicated web hosting and related services including domain registration and online shopping cart tools.
- eCommerce : A suite of services that enable small businesses to get up and running on-line quickly and cost effectively, with integrated web design, payment processing and shopping cart services.
- Business Lending : Broad array of lending products including SBA 7(a) and SBA 504 loans.
- Insurance Services : Commercial and personal lines of insurance, including health and employee benefits in all 50 states, working with over 40 insurance carriers.
- Web Services: Customized web design and development services.
- Data Backup, Storage and Retrieval: Fast, secure, off-site data backup, storage and retrieval designed to meet the specific regulatory and compliance needs of any business.
- Accounts Receivable Financing: Receivable purchasing and financing services.
- Payroll : Complete payroll management and processing services.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV