NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- On March 7, the Federal Reserve announced its results of mandated stress tests for the 18 largest bank holding companies. Periodic stress tests are a requirement of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act and the Federal Reserve's implementing regulations. I am not going to summarize the results of these stress tests except to say that the four "too big to fail" money center banks passed their tests.
Today I am providing additional stress measures for these major money center banks based upon data from
The last time I profiled the four "too big to fail" was on Feb. 6, in
Overall we begin the week under a ValuEngine Valuation Warning with 65.5% of all stocks overvalued and with the finance sector 18.6% overvalued.Bank of America (BAC) ($12.07 vs. $11.88 on Feb. 6) remains buy rated with the stock 6.9% undervalued with a one-year price target at $12.81. BAC opened Friday at a new multi-year high at $12.44, a level not seen since May 2011. The stock has gained 49.8% over the last twelve months with a reasonable twelve month forward P/E ratio at 11.42. BAC has a neutral weekly chart profile with declining momentum with the stock above its five-week modified moving average (MMA) at $11.56 and the 200-day simple moving average (SMA) at $11.73. My semiannual value level lags at $9.01 with a monthly pivot at $11.54 and annual risky level at $17.07. FDIC data shows that BAC increased its total assets by 16.6% to $1.69 trillion in Q4 sequentially. The bank has an asset to risk based capital ratio of 9.99% up from 9.69% in Q3, which is a sign of increased stress as risk based capital is supporting assets increasing at a faster pace making this "too big to fail" bank even bigger.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV