New research reports underscore need for smart, collaborative and flexible solutions
WATERLOO, ON, March 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - OpenText™ (NASDAQ: OTEX, TSX: OTC), a global leader in Enterprise Information Management (EIM), today announced that industry analyst firm, Forrester Research, has highlighted OpenText as a provider of process-based solutions under three key capability categories that satisfy shifting BPMS market requirements. Further, the firm cites the real-world benefits of OpenText's BPM and social tools, supporting the emergence of smart process applications that will better drive business outcomes.
According to Forrester's recent report, Prepare for 2013's Shifting BPM Landscape 1, "BPMS is a set of integrated technology components for modeling, automating, monitoring, managing, and changing business processes, playing an important but supporting role in improving processes. Forrester now tracks three broad categories of BPMS: integration-centric BPMS called enterprise integration servers; BPMS that has the broadest support for structured business processes; and dynamic case management to capture the movement toward human-centric process support." OpenText was highlighted in the report as one of only four vendors who participated in all three BPMS categories.
In a second Forrester report, Smart Process Apps: To Combine Social And Dynamic Case Management 2 , the firm states, "Our processes - the way we achieve business outcomes - will require investment in smart process applications that use Dynamic Case Management (DCM) with an enterprise social layer."The report illustrates one of OpenText's real-world Dynamic Case Management scenarios at a large Irish insurer. Irish Life Corporate Business is part of the Irish Life Group of companies, one of Ireland's largest financial organizations, and the market leader in the provision of life, pension and investment products. "The Irish Life corporate business application - known internally as Midas - incorporating New Business Underwriting, Claims and Policy Owner services, leveraged OpenText's Dynamic Case Management solution to increase productivity by 35 percent," said Gerry O'Connor, CEO of Zarion, the OpenText partner leading the efforts at the account. "Using the business critical solution from OpenText and Zarion, the company was able to boost morale and dramatically improve customer service with advanced reporting and collaboration." A case study and video sharing more about Irish Life's experience is available here. "OpenText's business process and dynamic case management capabilities, together, tear down the wasteful barriers associated with organizational and technology silos," said Steve Russell, senior vice president of OpenText Business Process Solutions. "We believe Forrester's findings put a spotlight on our rich Business Process Management Suites (BPMS) portfolio - a key pillar of OpenText's EIM strategy - which brings unmatched integration to enhance the way customers do business in today's complex enterprise. It's about delivering flexibility, speed, ease-of-use and cost efficiency along with analysis and modeling to demonstrate business goals are being met." As one of five foundational pillars of OpenText Enterprise Information Management (EIM), OpenText Business Process Management (BPM) solutions help organizations to work more efficiently, improve the optimization of complex processes, and outperform their business goals with real-time business insight. For further information on OpenText Business Process Management (BPM) offerings, including cloud, on premise and hybrid approaches, please visit our BPM pages and our latest article, At the Intersection of Social Street and Core Systems Ave , at the Because Process Matters blog. To learn more about OpenText EIM and Smart Process Applications:
- Read the blog of Mark Barrenechea, OpenText's CEO
- Learn more about Smart Process Applications, including OpenText's perspective and Forrester's Smart Process Applications Fill a Big Business Gap research paper.
- Read about OpenText in CIO Magazine and discover how to maximize the value of your information and minimize risk with EIM.
- Come meet with us in person at our upcoming OpenText EIM Days
- Follow OpenText on Twitter @opentext and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/opentext
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV