In a statement released early on Monday, Icahn Enterprises said that it entered into the agreement on Sunday, March 10, but did not reveal any specific details. "Icahn Enterprises looks forward to commencing its review of Dell's confidential information," it added.
Activist investor Carl Icahn has taken a large stake in Dell in a move to get a large cash payout from the struggling PC maker. Last week, in a letter to Dell's board, Icahn said that he will propose a debt-financed $9 a share dividend over the company's proposed $24.4 billion takeover from founder Michael Dell and private-equity firm Silver Lake Partners.
Dell was one of the most active premarket Nasdaq stocks on share volume of 338,026.Chip design specialist ARM Holdings (ARMH) was another gainer, rising 0.73% to $42.75 on share volume of 750,976. Facebook (FB), which announced its revamped News Feed last week, rose 0.76% to $28.17. The social networker was another active premarket Nasdaq stock on share volume of 321,327. Shares of social gamer and Facebook partner Zynga (ZNGA) rose 1.68% to $3.63. Apple (AAPL) shares, however, dipped 0.56% to $429.30. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV