SUNNYVALE, Calif., March 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Ruckus Wireless, Inc. (NYSE: RKUS) announced today that, in the new 4Q12 Wireless LAN Report published by Dell'Oro Group, the company posted the strongest growth among all wireless vendors of 74% year over year in worldwide total manufacturer revenue for enterprise and outdoor wireless LANs from 2011 to 2012.
According to the Report, the total market revenues for enterprise and outdoor wireless LANs topped $3.7B (USD), up 23% year over year. Compared to all wireless suppliers within the global market for enterprise and outdoor wireless LAN (WLAN) products, Ruckus realized the largest gain in market share (101%) from 2011 to 2012 relative to units shipped worldwide.
The Dell'Oro report noted that in 2012, the top two wireless LAN vertical markets were education, constituting 24% of the market, and service provider, which made up 14% of the market. 4Q12 revenues for the service provider vertical hit a record $109M (USD), more than double the revenues of 4Q11. According to the report, Ruckus garnered #2 market share position in the service provider Wi-Fi segment with a 17.0% share of the market by revenue and a 20.6% share by unit shipment in the year 2012."Our strong showing in the 2012 Dell'Oro report reflects the global appetite for more mobile connectivity and capacity to address the data traffic tsunami hitting enterprise and service provider networks alike," said Robert Mustarde, VP of Marketing for Ruckus Wireless. Smart Wi-Fi Trending Up in North America, Europe and Asia According to the Dell'Oro Report, in the North American WLAN market, Ruckus realized strong growth in shipments of both its indoor and outdoor Wi-Fi equipment, seeing market share growth from 2011 to 2012 of 72% and 64%, respectively.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV