EL SEGUNDO, Calif., March 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ContentGuard Holdings, Inc. (or "ContentGuard"), a subsidiary of Pendrell Corporation (NASDAQ: PCO) announced today that it has been granted sixteen new patents since October 2012 for its digital rights management (DRM) technologies. The sixteen patents granted include six in the United States, three in Japan, three in South Korea, two in Europe and two in China, bringing the total number of patents granted to ContentGuard to 297 worldwide. These new inventions apply to a variety of audio, video and e-publishing digital delivery techniques that use DRM for content protection.
"These new patents reflect the ongoing commitment to research and development that the marketplace expects from the company that has led the way in pioneering and perfecting DRM technologies," commented Ben Wolff, chief executive officer of Pendrell. "As the number and type of connected devices capable of delivering protected content continues to grow dramatically, ContentGuard remains at the forefront of innovating relevant DRM solutions."
Information regarding ContentGuard's technology, patents and patent portfolio can be found at www.contentguard.com.
ContentGuard is a leading inventor, developer and licensor of digital rights management (DRM) and related content distribution patents and technologies. ContentGuard's intellectual property (IP) portfolio features 297 patents and 169 pending patent applications worldwide. ContentGuard currently has licensing agreements in place with leading technology companies, including Casio, Fujitsu, Hitachi, LG Electronics, Microsoft, NEC, Nokia, Panasonic, Pantech, Sanyo, Sharp, Sony, Technicolor, Time Warner, Toshiba, and Xerox. ContentGuard is jointly owned by Pendrell Corporation and Time Warner, Inc. (NYSE: TWX). For more information about ContentGuard and its licensing programs, visit www.contentguard.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV