AKRON, Ohio, March 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- FirstEnergy Solutions announced the final winners of its Thanks a Million giveaway, an opportunity for residents and businesses throughout Ohio to win cash prizes and secure a low electric generation price for four or seven years.
Through this campaign, which ran from August 1, 2012 to October 31, 2012, eight businesses have won $50,000 each, eight residential winners have won $25,000 each, and FirstEnergy Solutions has given $50,000 to each residential winner's local school district to use for an under-funded program, supplies or however they see fit.
Michael Travis of Powell, Ohio, was a residential winner. "My wife and I are really excited about our winnings, and we're looking forward to seeing the Dublin schools receive their winnings too!" said Travis. "I'm glad I did my research and signed up for FirstEnergy Solutions' long-term offer.""The Dublin City Schools are so appreciative of this $50,000 donation from FirstEnergy Solutions through their Thanks a Million giveaway," said Treasurer Steve Osborne. "In a time of diminishing revenues and stretched budgets, every dollar we receive is helpful in providing opportunities for Dublin's children. Thank you, FirstEnergy Solutions!" "As an Ohio-based company, FirstEnergy Solutions is committed to helping ensure the people and businesses in this state continue to thrive, which is why we created our Thanks a Million giveaway," said Trent Smith, Vice President of Sales & Marketing for FirstEnergy Solutions. "It's a good boost to our economy and it directly benefits eight Ohio school districts with much-needed funding." FirstEnergy Solutions is also making long-term fixed price offers available to residents and businesses interested in locking in an electric generation price for four or seven years.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV