The Developing Trend In Books On Making Better Choices
PITTSBURGH, March 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- We all know that better choices lead to a better life, but why then do we continue to make poor decisions that cause us so much trouble? If we know that we should exercise, eat our vegetables, save for retirement, and not be reckless, what are the root causes of the choices that land us in hot water? As we seek to navigate these waters, the trend in the popularity of books about how to make wise choices helps us analyze and evaluate why we choose the things we choose.
Leading the charge is Krishna Pendyala's critically acclaimed book, Beyond the PIG and the APE: Realizing Success and true Happiness. In his book, Pendyala asserts that our attempts to avoid painful experiences and our pursuit of gratification are major drivers leading us to make poor choices. He states, "Dumb is when you don't learn from your own mistakes, smart is when you learn from your mistakes, and wise is learning from other people's mistakes."
An upcoming March release examining how our decisions are impacted by biases and irrational thoughts is Decisive: How to Make Better Choices in Life and Work by Chip Heath and Dan Heath. Another March release is From Smart to Wise: Acting and Leading with Wisdom by Prasad Kaipa and Navi Radjou in which the authors examine the decisions that lead to a balanced style of leadership.
With the growing interest in better choice making, invite Krishna Pendyala to answer:
- What are the invisible factors that drive the choices we make?
- How do small, everyday choices have such a big impact on our quality of life?
- Should you ever procrastinate?
- Why should you live two days at a time?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV