Diamond Market Update (March 8, 2013)
Rough diamond prices rose in February, with increases reportedly ranging from 4 to 6 percent. However, for very large diamonds, such as those over 15 carats, prices increased by 12 percent or more. Sightholders found increased prices on the boxes at De Beers' February sight, Rapaport reported. That was also the case at BHP Billiton's (NYSE:BHP,ASX:BHP,LSE:BLT) tender.
Meanwhile, polished diamond prices have not increased accordingly. One-carat diamond prices crept up only 0.2 percent in February, according to the RapNet Diamond Index. A more significant 2.7-percent increase was seen for 0.3-carat diamonds. However, 3-carat diamond prices fell by 0.2 percent. The demand picture has shown some signs of improvement, and larger and higher-quality goods are moving better. There still seems to be a shortage of oval-shaped goods.
Also, Diamcor Mining (TSXV:DMI,OTCQX:DMIFF) announced the filing on SEDAR of its financial statements for the interim period ended December 31, 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV