ALISO VIEJO, Calif., March 11, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- QLogic (Nasdaq:QLGC), the market share leader in Fibre Channel adapters, today announced that its 2600 Series 16Gb Fibre Channel adapters are now available through the EMC® Select program for a broad range of EMC storage platforms. EMC customers can now implement QLogic's award-winning 16Gb Fibre Channel technology for high performance storage environments.
The EMC version of the QLogic® 2600 Series adapter is listed on the EMC Support Matrix (ESM) and qualified through the EMC E-Lab™ with EMC VMAX®, VNX® and VPLEX® storage arrays. The adapter is pre-configured and designed for easy and quick implementation within these EMC storage environments.
"For well over a decade QLogic has provided high-performance Fibre Channel solutions for EMC and its customers," said Amit Vashi, vice president of marketing, Host Solutions Group, QLogic. "QLogic 2600 Series adapters allow customers to accelerate performance of bandwidth-hungry enterprise applications such as video streaming, databases, backup and online transaction processing. Fully compatible with 8Gb and 4Gb products, QLogic 16Gb Fibre Channel solutions protect organizations' IT investments.""Today's bandwidth-intensive environments require higher levels of service while keeping costs and power usage down," said Deirdre Wassell, director of solutions marketing, EMC. "The increased I/O and bandwidth of 16Gb Fibre Channel will result in improved application performance for more Exchange mailboxes and virtual machines, as well as faster database processing and reduced backup times." QLogic 2600 Series 16Gb Fibre Channel adapters consist of several compelling attributes:
- The Ultimate in Performance: The QLogic 2600 Series handles three times the transactions (1.2 Million IOPs) and double the throughput (6000 MBps) of 8Gb Fibre Channel, dramatically increasing application performance and cutting backup times in half. QLogic 2600 Series adapters are optimized for performance in next-generation servers with support for the new PCIe 3.0 bus architecture.
- High Availability Architecture: QLogic's unique port-level isolation architecture adds an additional layer of reliability and security, and ensures that if one port should encounter issues, the second, isolated port will continue to function securely and without interruption. This enables the QLogic 2600 Series to offer secure, deterministically predictive and scalable dual-port performance.
- Optimized for Virtualization: The QLogic 2600 Series provides a scalable architecture for higher virtual machine (VM) deployment per server while still providing full offload capabilities with increased bandwidth allocation to each VM. QLogic 2600 Series adapters further enhance VM mobility by increasing availability to meet peak-demand workloads. The QLogic 2600 Series includes support for advanced features such as virtual Fibre Channel (vFC) in Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V and uniquely provides dynamic setting of fine-grained Quality of Service (QoS) on a per VM basis.
- Simplified Management: QLogic QConvergeConsole (QCC) provides a single pane of glass to remotely manage all Fibre Channel adapters and 10Gb Ethernet converged network adapters throughout the network. The QConvergeConsole is integrated in VMware vCenter. In addition to managing the QLogic adapters, it simplifies the physical and logical topology mapping of the entire virtual SAN.
- Leadership, Confidence and Trust: The underlying QLogic Fibre Channel stack is proven in more than 13 million ports shipped to enterprise data centers around the world.
- Pervasive Interoperability: QLogic solutions are tested and interoperable with more than 10,000 industry products. QLogic's networking stack includes pervasive support for the leading operating system (OS) platforms and hypervisors including Windows Server with Hyper-V, VMware ESX/ESXi, Red Hat and SUSE Linux (including KVM), Solaris and Citrix XenServer. The 2600 Series shares the same Fibre Channel stack with the millions of QLogic 8Gb and 4Gb Fibre Channel adapter ports already installed in enterprises around the globe.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts