Today, Dell Software launched its next-generation Dell Boomi Master Data Management (MDM) that delivers a comprehensive set of features and capabilities in a single cloud-managed solution. This marks a fundamental shift: now mid-sized companies can take advantage of an MDM solution that simplifies data management, data integration and assurance of data quality—at a fraction of the traditional big-vendor cost.
Dell Boomi MDM offers significant realization of next-generation MDM as defined by The Data Warehouse Institute (TDWI) Best Practices Research 1, and it is a 100 percent cloud-based offering with multi-domain support, near real-time synchronization, bi-directional data flow and includes web service calls that support enriching and validating data.
“MDM tools based on software as a service (SaaS) and/or clouds are still relatively new,” said Philip Russom, research director for data management, The Data Warehousing Institute (TDWI). “Even so, there is a growing demand for and trust in cloud-based MDM tools and solutions. For example, a TDWI survey run in 2012 showed that 25 percent of organizations are planning to adopt cloud-based MDM within three years. This amounts to a potential growth rate of 20 percent, which is quite healthy given the current economy. So we can expect cloud-based MDM solutions to be in use by more organizations soon.”
Dell Boomi MDM is focused on four core steps:
- Define – Rapidly model master data entities through a visual experience with no coding necessary; use Dell Boomi Suggest, for crowd-sourced data models that can dynamically improve as the contributor community grows
- Deploy – Deploy models into the MDM repository and identify which source systems will interact with them
- Synchronize – Leverage Dell Boomi AtomSphere® to orchestrate data synchronization and design process flows designed to ensure data quality
- Govern – Govern data as it flows into the MDM system to resolve duplicates, fix data entry issues as well as identify and correct erroneous data
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts