March 11, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Personal Protective Equipment in the U.S.
SBI estimates the U.S. market for personal protective equipment (PPE) will top
in 2012. As the economy begins to heat up, U.S. PPE sales should exceed
in 2013, which represents an 8.2 percent increase over the 2012 figure. The strengthening global economy should increase the growth rate in 2015 with PPE sales in the U.S. anticipated to hit
The Personal Protective Equipment sector is comprised of a group of products that are designed to protect users from occupational hazards, injuries and illnesses. Categories covered include:
- Body Protection and Protective Clothing
The report provides data on shipments, imports and exports for the personal protective equipment market and the four categories within the market. In most cases, historical data are provided for a 10-year period back to 2002. The report also identifies key economic and market trends affecting the industry and profiles key manufacturers, highlighting their strengths, performance, product portfolios and significant recent events. Also included are marketing, distribution and retail overview, outlining aspects of getting the products to market, and an end-user segment analysis.
Report data were gathered from:
- Shipment statistics for personal protective equipment —reports published by the U.S. Census Bureau, including the Annual Survey of Manufacturers (ASM) and the U.S. Economic Census
- Import and export data —the Commerce Department's USA Trade Online website
- Revenues for manufacturers —company reports and SEC filings
- End-User data —sources include The Bureau of Labor Statistics, The Federal Bureau of Investigation, the U.S. Fire Administration and the National Fire Protection Association.