SAN JOSE, Calif., March 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Xilinx, Inc. (NASDAQ: XLNX) will demonstrate 400G optical and wired OTN applications based on its 7 series All Programmable FPGAs and recently announced portfolio of SmartCORE™ IP. These demonstrations highlight Xilinx's commitment to address the growing ASIC and ASSP gaps for wired networks, enabling customers to design and deliver smarter and more efficient communications systems for next-generation smarter networks. Visit Xilinx at OFC 2013 in Anaheim, Calif. from March 19-21, at the Anaheim Convention Center, Booth #1426.
Xilinx Booth demonstrations 4x 100G OTN Transponder on a Virtex®-7 FPGA
- This demonstration showcases the world's first 400G capacity OTN single-chip solution and features 13.1 Gbps (GTH) transceivers that provide robust performance at line rates that exceed ASSP and competitive offerings. This compact, cost-effective OTN solution incorporates fully-featured 4x 100G Transponder OTN SmartCORE IP, enabling customers to build smarter solutions that address their market needs for 100G and 400G+ line cards.
400G OTN Test Development Platform
- This platform features a highly-integrated, single Virtex-7 FPGA capable of prototyping OTN Muxponder, Transponder and switching solutions that scale from 10 Gbps to 400 Gbps. The advance prototyping capability combined with availability of optimized IP cores minimizes development risk and reduces time-to-market.
- This demonstration showcases the Xilinx 100G XFEC (High Gain Xilinx Forward Error Correction) capabilities on a video stream with the programmable noise level controlled through a GUI. With a coding gain in excess of 9.35 dB and a latency of 11uS the 100G XFEC enables longer reach, lower cost optical links for smarter, bandwidth efficient networks to be realized.
- Xilinx will demonstrate interoperability between its 28 Gbps (GTZ) transceiver and a Fujitsu CFP2 optical module running at 25.78 Gbps. Leveraging the OIF-CEI-28G-VSR implementation agreement, this demonstration illustrates real-world integration of 100G networking systems.
- Xilinx will demonstrate its 28 Gbps capable GTZ transceivers interoperating with an Oclaro CFP2 module at 25.78 Gbps. Attendees will see how to create a more intelligent network through our Virtex-7 HT family with up to 16 x 28 Gbps (GTZ) transceivers that communicate directly with CFP2 optical modules (up to x4), thereby removing external Gearbox ASSP and retimers – reducing cost, power, footprint and board complexity.
- Xilinx will demonstrate interoperability between its 28 Gbps GTZ transceiver and a Finisar CFP2 optical module operating at 25.78 Gbps.
- Xilinx will demonstrate a 123.75 Gbps optical link based upon Virtex-7 FPGA 12.5 Gbps (GTX) transceivers interoperating with a Reflex Photonics Reflex 123.75 Gbps LightABLE. The Xilinx Virtex-7 T devices support up to 56 x 12.5 Gbps (GTX) transceivers and the Virtex-7 XT devices support up to 96 x 13.1 Gbps (GTH) transceivers enabling the highest reliability links, best performance per-watt and fastest time-to-market.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts