"Discuss Japan" Launches Special Extensive Edition - New Abe Administration And 4 Key Themes
March 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- An online interactive web magazine, "Discuss Japan--Japan Foreign Policy Forum" (
http://www.japanpolicyforum.jp/), launched on
March 11 a Special Extensive Edition to disseminate viewpoints and arguments relating to
Japan's foreign policy under the new administration of Prime Minster Shinzo Abe amid global political and economic changes.
In 2012, new administrations were established in
the United States,
China and other parts of the world. Also in
Japan, the Liberal Democratic Party overwhelmingly won the House of Representatives election in December and regained power from the Democratic Party of
Japan, elevating Abe to the post of prime minister again.
Amid the United States' focus shift to the Asia-Pacific region and the rise of China, the eyes of the world are on Japan's role on the international stage, especially how the new Abe administration will steer Japan's foreign policy.
The "Editorial Board" has decided to merge the 13th to 15th issues to run the Special Extensive Edition this time for the interactive Web magazine, "Discuss Japan--Japan Foreign Policy Forum," promoting discussions under the following four themes: (1) Japan's role amid the rise of Asia and "pivot" toward Asia (2) Is Japan tilting to the right? (3) Japan desires no conflicts (4) Have Japan's politics really changed?
The special edition features interviews with Prime Minister Abe and other government and political leaders, roundtable talks and panel discussions by experts, and various opinion pieces. Its content will be updated regularly to spur discussions.
The journal, like its predecessor "Japan Echo Web," is commissioned by the Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs. But the independent "Editorial Board" of private-sector experts solely determines the content and management policy of the website.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV