- Coal has been the world's fastest growing major fuel for more than a decade. And coal is expected to replace oil as the world's largest energy source as early as this year.
- Coal fuels more than 40 percent of U.S. electricity today – a market share that has increased since last spring. That's a heavy load that all the windmills and solar panels in the United States don't begin to support given their limited scale and high cost.
- No other fuel enjoys coal's track record of reliability and affordability. Those states that turn their backs on coal find the alternatives to be very costly. New York state residents pay 77 percent more for electricity than people in states that rely on coal for most of their power, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration.
- Coal use in America has tripled over the last four decades while key emissions have been reduced more than 80 percent, thanks to advanced clean coal technologies.
- Coal is vital to help the world's 3.6 billion people who lack access to proper energy. Global energy poverty causes 1.5 million deaths per year.
Peabody Energy And World Coal Association Present Letter To Mayor Bloomberg Outlining Coal's Unmatched Growth, Benefits
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.