NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Doug Kass of Seabreeze Partners is known for his accurate stock market calls and keen insights into the economy, which he shares with RealMoney Pro readers in his daily trading diary.
Among his posts this past week, Kass explained why the market is setting itself up for disappointment, why he ditched his Citigroup position on Thursday and what you should do when the market goes against you.
Please click here for information about subscribing to RealMoney Pro.
Ignorance Is Bliss
Originally published on Friday, March 8 at 2:14 p.m. EST.
- If hopes of a grand fiscal bargain are being incorporated in stock prices, disappointment lies down the line.
Citigroup's Stingy Buyback
Originally published on Thursday, March 7 at 5:37 p.m. EST.
"One last thing."Citigroup (C - Get Report) requested only a $1.2 billion buyback through first quarter of 2014. This represents less than 1% of the company's market capitalization. Moreover, the bank pays only one penny a quarter in dividends, and it didn't request an increase! The "Fast Money" gang thinks this is positive. I respectfully disagree. I am selling the rest of my Citigroup on the strength in after-hours trading. At the time of publication, Kass was long Citigroup.
-- Lt. Columbo
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV