- Federal Income Support for Parents of Murdered or Missing Children grant;
- earlier access to parental benefits for foster parents who have committed to adopting foster children in their care;
- ability of self-employed persons to opt into the EI program to access maternity and parental, sickness and compassionate care benefits;
- improved access to EI parental benefits for military families;
- extended eligibility for compassionate care benefits to include additional family members and others considered as "family" by the person who is gravely ill; and
- assistance to parents through the Canada Child Tax Benefit and the Universal Child Care Benefit.
Harper Government Announces Access To EI Sickness Benefits For 6 000 Eligible Parents Effective March 24, 2013
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.