Leading Middle Eastern Daily Deal Site Cobone.com Acquired By Tiger Global Management
Launched in July 2010 in Dubai, as part of the Jabbar Internet Group, Cobone features a daily market-focused deal on the best things to do, see, eat and buy in cities across the Middle East. Cobone is an easy and fun way to get fantastic deals on great experiences in your city. The company was founded by Paul Kenny, an Irish entrepreneur.
Jabbar Internet Group is one of the leading Internet Groups in the Arab World. Jabbar was established in 2009 by Samih Toukan and Hussam Khoury the founders of Maktoob.com after the sale of Maktoob to Yahoo!. Jabbar also founded Souq.com and its group of companies which is now the largest ecommerce group in the region. The group assets today extend from e-commerce sites to online games to advertising products and its vision extends to building groundbreaking new companies that will continue to shape the Internet Industry in the Arab World.
About Tiger Global Management, LLCTiger Global Management, LLC is an investment firm that deploys capital globally through its private investment and hedge fund partnerships. The firm's private investment funds have ten-year investment horizons and focus on growth-oriented private companies in the global Internet and technology sectors. Tiger Global's private investments include Facebook, Linkedin, SurveyMonkey, Square, Yandex, Mail.ru Group, Ctrip, New Oriental, 360buy, Flipkart, Makemytrip, Justdial, Netshoes, Despegar, MercadoLibre, Trendyol, and Eventbrite. The firm's fundamentally oriented hedge funds invest primarily in public equities with an emphasis on long-term trends in the global technology, telecom, media, and consumer sectors. Tiger Global Management, LLC was founded in 2001 and is based in New York with affiliate offices in Beijing and Singapore. Further information, please contact:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV