In Age Of Patent Expiration, Planning Groups For New Pharma Products Growing In Importance
CHAPEL HILL, N.C., March 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- New product launch groups in the bio-pharmaceutical industry are often faced with dueling pressures of efficiently developing new products with minimum risk and maximum value. In addition, new product commercialization efforts have taken on increased importance in recent years. With the expiration of patents becoming a looming concern across the biopharma industry, individual companies must now, more than ever, find a way to effectively develop new products in a timely manner.
To address various issues related to the critical elements of the new product planning (NPP) function in bio-pharma companies, Best Practices, LLC completed a benchmarking study. The report, " Pharmaceutical New Product Planning: Structure and Activities to Drive Growth and Profitability," addresses the critical roles and structure of NPP groups.
The report provides professionals with actionable insights into critical aspects of the NPP function, such as coordinating regional and global efforts and carrying out dozens of activities that generate commercial insights. Other key study topics include:
- Benchmarks of NPP group structures, roles, responsibilities, and attributes
- Assessments of the levers of impact and effectiveness
- Definitions of interactions and optimal working relationships between Regional and Global NPP groups
- Discoveries surrounding the full set of activities NPP groups perform, their timing, intended outcomes, and value for the organization
- Insights into the future of the NPP function
Best Practices, LLC used both field surveys and interviews to complete this study. In all, 27 New Product Planning leaders at 25 pharma companies across the globe contributed data. In-depth interviews were conducted with leaders from over a dozen of the participating companies.In addition, Best Practices has found that the role of the NPP function has expanded and has continued to change in recent years. In order to expand upon previous research and benchmarks, Best Practices recently launched a new study that focuses on the importance of the NPP function in the biopharmaceutical industry.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts