Ehrler Widens Lead At Walmart FLW Tour On Lewis Smith Lake Presented By Evinrude
JASPER, Ala., March 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Keystone Light pro Brent Ehrler weighed in the largest stringer for the second consecutive day at the Walmart FLW Tour on Lewis Smith Lake presented by Evinrude, giving him a commanding lead heading into the third day of competition. A full field of the world's best professional anglers continued their battle Friday for the top prize of up to $125,000.
The Redlands, Calif., angler brought another five-fish limit of spotted bass to the scales Friday, this one weighing 16 pounds, 7 ounces. With a two-day catch of 10 bass weighing 33-15, Ehrler now holds a 6-pound, 1-ounce lead over second-place pro Koby Kreiger of Okeechobee, Fla., who has a two-day total of 10 bass weighing 27-14."It took me a long time to catch a limit today," said Ehrler, who currently sits in a three-way tie for most wins in FLW Tour competition with five. "It was really tough. I think that my good area that I had yesterday is over with. I was able to catch one big one off of it, but I think they've moved on and I'm going to have a much tougher time trying to find the big fish tomorrow. "I absolutely hate leading tournaments this early," Ehrler said. "I like the weight that I have caught the last two days, but I would much rather fly under the radar and work my way up on the final day." Ehrler was not ready to talk about specific baits used, but said he had seven different rods on his deck. He fished mainly in the same areas as yesterday, and said the pressure on the lake was having an effect on the fishing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV