National Press Club: Where Sunshine Happens
WASHINGTON, March 8, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --The National Press Club's Press Freedom Committee has a full slate of activities planned for Sunshine Week, a national initiative to promote a dialogue on the importance of open government and freedom of information. This non-partisan, non-profit initiative is celebrated in mid-March each year to coincide with James Madison's birthday on March 16.
On Tuesday, March 12, the Press Freedom Committee hosts a moderated panel discussion on how laws enacted globally after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks are being used to crush press freedom. ( 6:30-8pm in the conference rooms; free and open to the public). RSVP here.
On Wednesday, March 13, the Press Freedom Committee joins the D.C. Open Government Coalition in cosponsoring a "D.C. Open Government Summit," a panel discussion on the state of government transparency in the nation's capital. ( 6-8:30pm; Holeman Lounge; free and open to public; RSVP here.On Thursday, March 14, the Club's Press Freedom Committee and the Professional Development Committee of the National Journalism Institute are joining forces to present a panel on practical help in using the Freedom of Information Act. ( 6:30-8pm, Zenger Room; admission free for NPC members, $10 for others; RSVP here. And on Friday, March 15, the Club's luncheon speaker is Thomas Drake, a former National Security Agency official who was charged under the espionage act after he blew the whistle on waste and fraud and illegal activity at the intelligence agency. Click here for tickets. SOURCE National Press Club
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV