4. Newcastle Investment Corp. (NCT): Operates as a real estate investment and finance company that invests in and manages a portfolio consisting primarily of real estate securities. Market cap at $2.71B.
Buy. Newcastle reported a quarterly EPS of $0.19. Shares yield 7.9%. Most significant was that the company priced its 20 million share offering, which gives the company $209.6 million. These was why shares dipped in mid-February, but have recovered since.
5. Linn Energy, LLC (LINE): Engages in the development and acquisition of oil and gas properties in the United States. Market cap at $8.75B.Buy. Line Energy reported quarterly earnings on February 21. Q4 earnings of $0.41 per share were in-line with estimates. The company is acquiring Berry Petroleum for $4.3 billion, which includes assumed debt. The purchase was at a nearly 20% premium.
(List compiled by Kapitall Contributor Chris Lau)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV