4. Newcastle Investment Corp. ( NCT): Operates as a real estate investment and finance company that invests in and manages a portfolio consisting primarily of real estate securities. Market cap at $2.71B.
Buy. Newcastle reported a quarterly EPS of $0.19. Shares yield 7.9%. Most significant was that the company priced its 20 million share offering, which gives the company $209.6 million. These was why shares dipped in mid-February, but have recovered since.
5. Linn Energy, LLC ( LINE): Engages in the development and acquisition of oil and gas properties in the United States. Market cap at $8.75B.Buy. Line Energy reported quarterly earnings on February 21. Q4 earnings of $0.41 per share were in-line with estimates. The company is acquiring Berry Petroleum for $4.3 billion, which includes assumed debt. The purchase was at a nearly 20% premium.
( List compiled by Kapitall Contributor Chris Lau )
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts